Housing University Official Launch!
We are excited to launch the Housing University under our HRSA-Funded Catalysts For Infant Health Equity Grant of 2.5 million dollars over the course of five years! We are currently accepting applicants!
Free Food Pantry!
Our food pantry is finally back open to the public--every weekday from 10AM - 2PM. We are open to EVERYONE -- please do not hesitate to access this FREE resource!
Join Our Team!
As a Neighborhood Health Advocate you will:
- Consistently carry out on-going outreach efforts in service area to enroll pregnant and post partum women.
- Consistently identify and refer pregnant women to the Healthy Start Recruitment Team.
- Consistently address any immediate or emergency needs of clients.
- Develop an individual service plans for each client with supervision of Case Manager.
- Visit pregnant and/or post-partum mothers per Healthy Start’s protocol.
- Conduct parent interviews and family needs assessments.
- Conduct developmental screening and assessments e.g. Ages and Stages.
- Provide program participants with guidance on home safety, nutrition, effective discipline, constructive play activities and other related topics.
Maternal Health Day of Action
On Wednesday, September 27th, HHS Secretary Becerra, HRSA Administrator Carole Johnson, and Mayor Brandon M. Scott visited BHS Headquarters. Additionally, we were joined by partners from the National Healthy Start Association.
The Health Resources and Services Administration visited us to host a roundtable on maternal health where our all-star client, Gladys Qualls participated and shared her testimony of Baltimore Healthy Start alongside our Chief Deputy Director, Maxine Reed-Vance.
Baltimore Healthy Start, Inc. is a recognized programmatic success within the array of 105 federally funded Healthy Start programs nationally. We offer a number of programs and services geared to help support mothers, fathers, and their families living in our targeted communities, through all stages of parenting — from preconception to pregnancy to postpartum and between pregnancies, and during a child’s first few years of life — and beyond.
Leaping For Literacy: Love & Literacy
Happy Valentine's Day!
We celebrated LOVE at BHS this past Thursday with a Leaping For Literacy activity -- Love & Literacy!"
Our tiny tots gathered for a "Baby & Me" Storytime. Each family was sent home with a goody bag & books to have storytime at home!
Celebrate Black Maternal Health Week!
We are partnering with the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture to co-host our Second Annual Leaders In Black Maternal Health Week Awards Luncheon!