We made it! We did it!
Over 1,000 moms and babies served- and ahead of schedule!
When we say we served, this is what we mean:
- Provided transportation to medical appointments and Healthy Start classes
- 20% of the students in our onsite GED classes last year were Healthy Start clients
- Signed up families for the Governor’s Young Readers Initiative
- Offered transformative breastfeeding classes
- Provided food for our struggling families
- Worked with Department of Social Services caseworkers to maximize client success
- Offered trained childhood development specialists to work with children while parents are in class
- Provided two home visiting models- federal Healthy Start and Healthy Families America
Our staff has a passion for the mission. That passion has kept the fire alive for 25 years. Even as we celebrate our success, we cannot deny that this is hard work for the staff and families we serve. Staff work at night and during the weekends in order to reach as many people as possible. Many of our families struggle with unstable housing. In fact, we have a few families that are staying in shelters right now, but they work hard not to miss our classes!
No one does this work alone. We want to thank all of our partners, board members, and volunteers for helping us reach this important goal. We can’t wait to reach the next one.